I would like to thank Megan over at Bookslayer Reads for the nomination. Sorry its taken so long to type this post up. It’s my final day of summer break here before term starts back tomorrow, I am looking forward to autumn and winter 2016!
- Create a post to accept the award! Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog (it would help if you included a little information about it).
- Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or add it as a widget on your blog.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire that have less than 200 followers.
- Post your answers to the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List these rules in your post.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
- I have Cynophobia which is a fear of dogs.
- I love photography.
- My favourite season of the year is summer.
- My favourite school subject was History.
- I don’t like rain.
- I have never been abroad.
- Favourite bands include The Stone Roses, Five Seconds of Summer and Paramore.
- I love silent movies.
- If I had a magic carpet, I would travel to LA.
- Biggest ambition is to own a bookstore.
1. Is there a certain book that reminds you of your childhood?
There are certain books but not really one that stands out. I remember reading Animal Ark when I was around the age of 7 after I started to become obsessed with animals. My parents used to take me to the zoo when I was just an infant because I had a thing for lions.
2. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read? And how long was it?
I tried to read Gone With The Wind which was around 1,000 pages long but when someone requested the copy I had since it was a library one, I had to return it back.
3. Do you have any signed copies of books?
Yes, I met the author Jacqueline Wilson when I was 11 years old, I had Asking For It signed by Louise O’Neill and a book signed by a crime detective author Peter Lovesey.
4. Do you prefer to read standalone books or books in a series?
It really depends on the series content. As long as the series isn’t more than 10 books, other than that standalones are really fun to read too.
5. Do you have any pets?
I have two pet cats and two elderly fish that still keep fighting even though both are over 7 years old!
6. What’s your favorite thing to do (besides read)?
After reading, my biggest passion is music so I love to create my own music playlists for whatever mood i’m in or if today is a road trip day for example. I do some writing sometimes and also love to take my smartphone out to do some random photography.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People mistaking me for a kid, it does my head in. I’m 18 but only 5 foot 3 inches tall. My closet friends are around 6 foot tall so if i’m with them and someone comes up and asks if i’m 10, steam boils out of my ears. I also have kind of a baby face too which doesn’t help matters.
8. What do you use as bookmarks?
Normal bookmarks. My favourite one has cats on it because I love cats.
9. What’s your favorite type of music?
I listen to anything, 70s Metal, 80s Synthpop, 90s R&B, you name it. I don’t have a favourite because all genres are my favourite.
10. If you could meet and have dinner with one author, who would it be?
Most likely Suzanne Collins because I would love to chat to her about The Hunger Games (psst, it’s like my favourite trilogy ever!)
Well, I don’t really know who to nominate so anyone who reads this post is nominated!
So….. If you read this post, my questions for you are…
- Favourite time of day for reading books?
- Do you read a book before you go to see the movie version or the other way around?
- On average, how many books do you purchase per week?
- Best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- When were you last speechless?
- Least favourite school subject?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Favourite flavour ice-cream?
- What was your most romantic moment?
- Have you ever won a book giveaway and if so, what did you win?
That’s it for this blog post, thanks so much for reading and supporting. Have a great day!
PS, Follow my new Instagram/Bookstagram account @aliceandthebookslover.